Photobucket
I am a mother of 5 wonderful children. When I am not digiscrappin' or designing, I love to cook and spend time with my family. We love the nicer seasons and spend lots of time outside whenever weather permits.
News from DigiSkrapNMomma

Monday, January 5, 2009

In Tribute to my Pawpaw

Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of the loss of my grandfather.
He was the most amazing man and I miss him so much.
These are some layouts of him that I did right after his passing.
Working on them really helped me work through some of my grief and I thought
that it would only be right for me to use them to help me
get through a rough spot!
So, here they are!

The above and below layouts were done using a kit by BooLand Designs. I no longer have the kit, external hard drive crash!! So, I can't give the proper credit unfortunately.
The top layout was done right after his passing and was posted at his memorial.
My cousins and siblings either called him Poppy or Pops, but from the time that I was a very little girl, I always called him Pawpaw.
The below layout is of him and my grandma. They were taking pics together for their 40th wedding anniversary, when they renewed their vows.

This last layout was done using my Retro Funk kit. It is of my grandfather and my oldest son.

The last summer that my grandfather was with us, my oldest 2 children spent the summer in Arkansas and got to spend some time with him. I am so glad that they got to enjoy him that last summer. This picture was so funny because they hadn't seen my grandparents in about 8 or 9 months and my son was shorter than my grandfather the last time they had seen each other before this pic. Thanks for looking.

New freebies and announcements on the way!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pages that you made of your PawPaw! I really love the one of him and your grandmother! They are beautiful! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your tribute to your PawPaw! It is obvious how much you loved him and what he meant to you!

    I also want to let you know that I have an award for you to pick up on my blog!

    Love ya!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails